Gorou

Gorou
This is a very special village. I love how the light runs across the flat dry plains.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Super Quick Update

I know I haven't posted since I've been here, but the power has been of 90% of the time. I wanted to give you a quick update while I have power, and before it goes off again.

Everything is going really well. I have a lot of work to do. Between writing the website and going to all of the youth and young adult events, I'm going to be really busy. While I've been here I've seen more/been more places/experienced more than I did last time. My first day I went to see a village well in a village past Thiadiaye. The people performed a traditional dance to show thanks for the "gift of life" aka water. I visited Goree Island, where Africans were held, processed, and shipped for the slave trade. I've posted pictures on facebook of everything so far.

Please keep praying for me, and keep praying for Senegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment