Gorou

Gorou
This is a very special village. I love how the light runs across the flat dry plains.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yes, I'm Still Alive.

Hi all! I'm so sorry for not posting, but this is the first time I have encountered the internet. I am doing well, enjoying the beautiful weather. I had a fabulous Christmas and holiday season. There were many many church services to celebrate it all. The Mission opened today, so I'm at my first day at work. I'll be working with Stanislas, the Youth and Young Adult Coordinator, on some different projects.

I have already had so many great experiences, and I've only been here a little over two weeks. I think the best thing I've done so far is to throw a surprise birthday party for a good friend, Joel Bakpa. He turned 24, and he told me after the party that he had not had such a celebration since he turned 14. It's amazing where you find Jesus, and how a "not specifically Christian" event can provide an atmosphere for the Holy Spirit.

While I've been here I have read two books, RADICAL by David Platt and VELVET ELVIS by Rob Bell. I would highly recommend both of them. What I remember most clearly from my readings is from VELVET ELVIS. Rob Bell encourages missionaries to forget the agenda and just love people, no matter where you are. "Jesus lives. Here's a toaster." So I'm keeping that in mind.

Jesus lives. Here's a surprise birhtday party.

Jesus lives. Here's some soccer cleats.

Jesus lives. Here's my undivided attention.

I encourage you to forget the agenda. Forget the plan. Love people. They need it so badly.

Jesus lives. Love and peace,

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment