Gorou

Gorou
This is a very special village. I love how the light runs across the flat dry plains.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The time has come...

The time has come for me to begin to finalize my preparations. Many of you have asked about making donations to support me while I am in Senegal for the next year, and I will gladly tell you how to do that once my Advance account is open! What is the Advance, you ask? According to the General Board of Global Ministries, "The Advance is an official program of The United Methodist Church for voluntary, designated, second-mile giving. Through The Advance, United Methodist annual conferences, districts, local churches, and organizations, as well as individuals and families, may choose to support mission programs or mission personnel with their financial gifts. Each Advance project has been vetted and approved by Global Ministries and Advance staff." The best thing about the Advance is that ONE HUNDRED PERCENT OF ALL ADVANCE GIVING GOES TO THE CHOSEN MISSION PROJECT! That is good news! There are a few ways to give, either mailing in a check or using a credit card online. Once I am approved to be listed on the Advance website, I will post a link here on my blog to make it easy for you to find your way.

Others of you have asked about what I will be doing in Senegal. Good question! I will be doing two different things. First of all, I will be an Individual Volunteer for the United Methodist Church of Senegal. This will include work with children both inside and outside of the church walls. Secondly, I will be teaching English, part-time, at the John Wesley Protestant School at the Korean Methodist Church of Senegal. These are two very exciting jobs, and I cannot wait to learn from the special children of Senegal. Please continue to pray for me during this preparation process. It is always difficult to get everything together, especially from 4500 miles away. Most importantly, remember to pray for Senegal: the people, the newly elected president, and the church leaders.

Thank you for your continued support of my ministry and all that God has in store.

Peace and Blessings,

Anna
Romans 10:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment