Gorou

Gorou
This is a very special village. I love how the light runs across the flat dry plains.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Convenience and Comfort

 
The woman pictured above asked me to take her photo. I didn't have a problem with that, except for the fact that I was on my way to a youth group soccer game. I was uncomfortable as I approached the woman. She wasn't threatening, but it was simply an awkward situation. Nonetheless, I took her picture. As I left her and walked to the game, I thought of something. Since when did I think that my job is about comfort and convenience? Christ was not about either one of these things. However, I decided somewhere along the line that I was about both of those things. My point is short and simple: Be uncomfortable, and don't panic when God asks you to do something that is inconvenient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment